Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 2- Journal assignment

How might the concept of produsage be applied in your life (personal and/or professional) as it stands today? Are you already a produser? If yes, what do you do? If no, why not?


The concept of produsage and its results play a very minor role in my life currently. The role it does play is in that I am a user of produsage (or psuedo-produsages) already created. Some examples include Wikipiedia, which is one of my first resources when investigating new terms and ideas. I also us FireFox and Open Office some, but not very much. Even labeling these as produsage would be arguable to some, I suppose.


I believe that my lack of produsage use is often due to a combination of lack of time for exploration into produsages, and an unsupportive environment at work in researching and using new technologies. I come across many different types of software and programs in my daily work, but only a few of them are deemed useful enough to learn more about and to implement into any use at all.


Granted, most produsages out there I most likely am unaware of. Even when these items are brought to my attention, unless they are clear enough to be singled out, I filter it out like so many new technological and web 2.0 tools out there. Similar to how I view Twitter, if it does increase my productivity easily or provide me with a tool that can make tasks easier, it does not make the list of items to learn and utilize. Ironically, it is taking a college course for me to make the time to look into various produsages, web 2.0 tools, and pro-am contribution results.


No comments:

Post a Comment