Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bookmarking/highlighting fun.

Well, "fun" isn't the work. It's an adjective I chose. Randomly, I might add.
After the initial astonishment passed over the variety and range of web 2.0 tools out there, I am still a little excited over bookmarking tools such as Diigo. Excitement is an odd word choice in itself, but it's close enough to describe the feeling when I see potential in a tool, and want to start working with it.
Many times I would be reading an article or website, and would think that I would like to read the information again. I could have printed the article, or bookmarked the web address in the usual fashion, but the compilation of so many (often random) hard copies or "Favorites" bookmarks does no bode well for the organized part of my mind. I like the idea of having a simple list of links that I can refer to, at which point I can find the particular section of interest by the notes or highlighting.
With that said, I sort of want to revisit as many past sites as possible, building up my website bookmarking database so that I can make use of it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment