Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 6- Reflection

Reflect on what you have learned in the class and how you will use it professionally as both a lifelong learner and an instructional systems professional (or whatever field you’re in).

Even though I had being using a few different web 2.0 applications and tools (both differing kinds and on different levels) the idea of what constitutes a web 2.0 item and the potential each can hold is something that that is now part of my conscious list of "What Can I Use to Accomplish This?" Instead of just having a general idea of a wiki and what it can do, the different examples and uses provide a great base for future potential use for the same tool. This idea of now being actively aware of web 2.0 tools (instead of having a general idea) adds to my repertoire of potential tools, both for personal and professional use.
An additional result of this course on my life is in the area of keeping informed about new and upcoming web 2.0 tools, and tools already established but which could be used in differing ways. The great combinations of Twitter, wikis, Diigo, etc. were something that would have taken a while for me to come up with on my own, if ever. Considering that we only covered some of the more popular tools, I am looking forward to finding the less mainstream tools, making use of them, and combining them with other tools, but web 2.0 and otherwise.
It's this awareness of these tools that will have the biggest effect on my actions in the future. Tools such as Second Life and Twitter will earn a second glance. Instead of viewing them as the latest fad, popular with teenie-boppers and online egoists, I'll view them as the latest fad that I have no interest, but should probably be reviewed for true use fullness. Being aware of these new tools (and the even newer tools were haven't even conceived of yet) is probably the greatest thing I have gathered from this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment