Friday, August 7, 2009

Finding new Web 2.0

There have been previous discussion about filter of web 2.0 tools and information, and the role of instructor designers in using and planning for web 2.0 in the future. One of the hardest parts of I am anticipating is the task of becoming aware of these new (and potentially very useful) web 2.0 tools.
First off, if you're reading this and still have the desire to continuing typing out characters after such a hectic course: Do you have any strategy, personal rules, or habits for deciding what new programs you bother paying attention to, decide to learn more about, or actually inform yourself enough to begin to make use of a new tool?
Filtering is a big part of it all, considering that I can, off the top of my head, find a half more than a dozen web 2.0 sites resulting from the topic of "step." With starting my own filtering years ago, I feel that I trigger my mental filter too quickly, thereby losing a lot of potentially great tools. Instead of looking into a dozen tools and finding 8 I may actually use, I will only look into 6 and find 5 I may use. Is it better to over-filter than under-filter? I couldn't say without exhaustive research into my own research habits and the end results.
Perhaps if my hundreds of loyal readers (HAHAHAHA!!!) give their own suggestions, I will be able to alter my filtering of new tools to be more effective.

1 comment:

  1. First of all I want to thank you for agreeing to help out with recruiting. :)
    As far as filtering I am probably pretty typical - using what I like personally but expanding as new ones are introduced to me by friends (so that is one way I filter - lol). Also, I do try and find uses for work and come up with innovative and unique ways to use technology for recruiting. If you get any ideas, by the way, please pass them to me.

    I have really enjoyed your participation in this class Chris.

    ReplyDelete